Home » Audio » Source » DAT to CD
DAT to CD [message #78151] Sun, 20 October 2013 12:38 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I found an old DAT and some zip discs with audio projects on them. I know someone with a zip drive so transferring those won't be an issue, but I don't have a DAT machine. I guess it would probably be easiest to reach out to a local production studio and see if anyone can convert it for me, huh?
Re: DAT to CD [message #78157 is a reply to message #78151] Mon, 21 October 2013 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
Have you tried searching online to see if you can rent one in your area? There are some places when you search on Google that rent them out and it may be cheaper than having someone else do it.
Re: DAT to CD [message #78188 is a reply to message #78157] Thu, 24 October 2013 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
It would take two steps but you could feed them into a PC and then make CDs from the PC files. There is lots of free software that will do the job. It does assume you have a good sound card or other interface device that will not degrade the bit and sample rate of the originals.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: DAT to CD [message #78196 is a reply to message #78188] Fri, 25 October 2013 07:33 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
gofar99 wrote on Thu, 24 October 2013 18:16
It would take two steps but you could feed them into a PC and then make CDs from the PC files. There is lots of free software that will do the job. It does assume you have a good sound card or other interface device that will not degrade the bit and sample rate of the originals.

My sound card isn't that great, and in any case, I don't have the hardware to play the DAT. I haven't even seen a DAT machine in years.
Previous Topic: One sided record albums
Next Topic: need help with replacement receiver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:57:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout