Home » Audio » General » Sound Travels in Country
Sound Travels in Country [message #78148] Sat, 19 October 2013 21:21 Go to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
At this moment there is a party going on about about 1 mile away. There is a band playing and I can hear it at my house. The acoustics in the country are fantastic and the sound travels pretty clearly. The interesting thing is the sound has to travel through trees to get here. I'm hoping they won't be playing all night.
Re: Sound Travels in Country [message #78177 is a reply to message #78148] Wed, 23 October 2013 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
There are fewer buildings and ambient noise to mask the sounds from the party. How late did they end up partying? Maybe you should've grabbed some beer and joined them. Wink
Re: Sound Travels in Country [message #78370 is a reply to message #78148] Fri, 15 November 2013 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No worry's, Sound always travels farther in colder weather, I learned this living in MI for years, using horn loaded enclosures. Like Chicken said you should of joined them for a couple beers.
Re: Sound Travels in Country [message #78381 is a reply to message #78370] Sat, 16 November 2013 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill Wassilak wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 23:23
No worry's, Sound always travels farther in colder weather, I learned this living in MI for years, using horn loaded enclosures. Like Chicken said you should of joined them for a couple beers.

I've noticed that too, back when I lived up north and colder weather was an actual issue. I assume it's because of the dryer air but I don't really know for certain.
Re: Sound Travels in Country [message #78383 is a reply to message #78177] Sat, 16 November 2013 16:56 Go to previous message
Nico is currently offline  Nico
Chancellor
It's actually amazing how far sound can travel in the country where there are no buildings or other objects to absorb the sound. That's why you can hear animals and insects so much clearer in the country.
Previous Topic: Troubleshooting
Next Topic: Spatial Sound Card App
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 16:04:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout