Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Our Government
Our Government [message #77992] Tue, 01 October 2013 14:29 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Somehow I thought that our elected representatives were supposed to work for our good. Crying or Very Sad It seems as if they have all gone off into the blue yonder with prior agendas. I for one intend to remind them of their behavior come election time. There is nothing more I can say that is fit to print in public.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Our Government [message #78007 is a reply to message #77992] Thu, 03 October 2013 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I'm annoyed that the Tea Party representatives are holding the rest of us hostage. I understand that they don't like Obamacare, but the law passed and has held up to multiple repeal attempts and judicial scrutiny.
Re: Our Government [message #78012 is a reply to message #78007] Thu, 03 October 2013 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I emailed the Speaker of the House about my concerns... and guess what, there has been no response. I guess they are too busy blaming each other to worry about voters. As was so eloquently put on a comment I read..."I'll remember these shenanigans in November".

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Our Government [message #78015 is a reply to message #78012] Fri, 04 October 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There have been a lot of laws in a lot of countries over the years (centuries) that weren't right. Many powerful nations have fallen as a result.

Re: Our Government [message #78018 is a reply to message #77992] Fri, 04 October 2013 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gentry is currently offline  Gentry
Chancellor
I read somewhere the our elected officials should vote according to what they feel is best and not according to what their constituents wanted. The article also said if we don't like what they do we should not vote for them again. Problem is by the time the next election comes around it's too late.
Re: Our Government [message #78023 is a reply to message #77992] Sat, 05 October 2013 14:37 Go to previous message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I think this whole mess is ridiculous, and real people are being hurt because those who were elected to represent us all won't do their job!
Previous Topic: When A Country Goes Bankrupt
Next Topic: Blurred Lines Banned at UK Universities
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:19:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout