Home » xyzzy » Tower » Three Tries and Finally Success
Three Tries and Finally Success [message #77892] Mon, 23 September 2013 17:14 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I have started to use my laptop for more serious transfer of LPs to digital. My experience has been that any rate below 24 bit /96K is unsatisfactory. Confused 24 / 192 is better. Smile The problem has been that there was not enough memory to do this well. The files get really large. Its a dual core with 4 gb. So I ordered a pair of chips for 8 gb. They sent ones for a Mac. Rolling Eyes Oops and didn't have PC ones. Return and refund time. Ordered another pair from Amazon. Right chips, didn't work. Contacted Amazon. Yes there was some problem with that batch. Rolling Eyes Return and refund time again. Finally saw a pair at Best Buy when looking for something else. Same price as he others and wow they work and wow the laptop does the job OK. Very Happy This seems to becoming an ever more common problem. Ordering things and finding them incorrect for some reason.

Has anyone else noticed this problem or are the hidden forces of the universe singling me out?

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Three Tries and Finally Success [message #77894 is a reply to message #77892] Mon, 23 September 2013 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, thank goodness you're persistent!

Re: Three Tries and Finally Success [message #77909 is a reply to message #77892] Wed, 25 September 2013 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I generally have good luck with Amazon. Maybe they have your account flagged. Wink I'm sorry you had such a bad experience but at least Best Buy came to the rescue.
Re: Three Tries and Finally Success [message #77911 is a reply to message #77892] Wed, 25 September 2013 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Georgiana is currently offline  Georgiana
Chancellor
Gofar99, I'm not sure what they have against us. I certainly didn't think that I had ever done anything to offend anyone. Every time I order something online I hold my breath because something always goes wrong. Needless to say I don't order on line very often.
Re: Three Tries and Finally Success [message #77916 is a reply to message #77911] Wed, 25 September 2013 21:09 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I think they struck again today. Confused I ordered a new copy of a LP that got damaged. The replacement is coming from a store in Tucson AZ. I actually shop there on occasion. I live about 75 miles away. It was ordered through Amazon. When they confirmed the order it said the estimated delivery date was between October 2 and October 18! Shocked Wow, I can walk there in three days. Maybe they use the Post Office. The PO just took 18 days to get a package from Detroit to here. It sat in their regional distribution center for 14 of them. It only moved after I filed a complaint and so did Stamps.com (we use them for commercial shipping) Maybe my LP is going there. If I really believed the estimated delivery dates, I would cancel the order and just use the excuse to drive there. If it hasn't been shipped in two days I will cancel.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Listen to the Sounds
Next Topic: Fall Mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:18:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers