Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Office Waiting Room
Office Waiting Room [message #77788] Fri, 06 September 2013 19:00 Go to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I work in a medical office and we usually have a lot of people sitting in the waiting room so we set up a large screen television. The acoustics in the waiting room are great but the problem is the reception area off of the waiting room. There are three reception desks facing the door. When the television is on and people are talking it is difficult for receptionists to hear incoming phone conversations. It is like the noise surrounds the reception area as well. Much as I love big screen televisions, I think by making our patients happy we created a problem for ourselves.
Re: Office Waiting Room [message #77872 is a reply to message #77788] Mon, 16 September 2013 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Perhaps you should turn the volume down or even mute the TV, putting close captions on. Alternatively, you could hook the TV up to some directional speakers and see if that helps a bit. It also sounds like you may need some more sound muffling in general; does the room have carpet?
Re: Office Waiting Room [message #78001 is a reply to message #77788] Wed, 02 October 2013 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fannie is currently offline  Fannie
Chancellor
I also work in a medical office. We keep our TV muted and use closed caption because there are times the noise will bother a patient. This may be a good solution for your office.
Re: Office Waiting Room [message #78680 is a reply to message #77788] Tue, 17 December 2013 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoundGuy is currently offline  SoundGuy
Esquire
Closed captioning is definitely the way to go here. As a patient sitting in a waiting room I simply want a distraction, not necessarily to catch up on the news. Turning down the volume and turning on CC kills two proverbial birds with one stone.
Re: Office Waiting Room [message #78720 is a reply to message #77788] Fri, 20 December 2013 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Yes, every time I am in a doctor's office, the sound is muted or very low and closed captioning is on. It works for most people.
Re: Office Waiting Room [message #78756 is a reply to message #77788] Mon, 23 December 2013 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
For office's where the waiting room and reception area are one in the same, closed captioning is the best way to go. Most of the one's I've been in though, those two have always been in separate areas.
Re: Office Waiting Room [message #79047 is a reply to message #77788] Thu, 23 January 2014 17:52 Go to previous message
Headphones is currently offline  Headphones
Chancellor
I would just keep the volume turned down and keep the remote control at the desk. Is there anywhere else where the TV could go so the receptionists would be able to hear phone calls better?
Previous Topic: Improving Drum Acoustics
Next Topic: 'L' Shaped Room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:20:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout