Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Filibuster on Syria
Filibuster on Syria [message #77741] Tue, 03 September 2013 18:09 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, It must be my week to get ticked off. It seems that Ron Paul is threatening a filibuster on Syria. Regardless of who you voted for and how you feel on issues it seems that stalling is dumb. Our present Congress is a laughing stock of inaction. I know that I voted for folks with the expectation that they would tackle the tough issues and form some consensus on how to deal with them. If you call it compromise then fine I can agree to the term. I want them to act not fiddle while Rome burns. I'll probably get some flak on this...but my opinion is that anyone that wants to stall on the present issue is out of touch with reality and needs to go home and rethink his value set. I certainly don't want such an individual as a neighbor. Thumbs Down

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Filibuster on Syria [message #77775 is a reply to message #77741] Thu, 05 September 2013 08:20 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm not sure how I feel about Syria. On one hand, chemical warfare is a horrible thing and intervening for humanitarian reasons makes sense. On the other hand, I often wonder if we would consider action if Syria didn't have oil.

Either way, I don't think filibustering is a good idea. Debate and decide one way or the other.
Previous Topic: Dang 800 Numbers
Next Topic: When A Country Goes Bankrupt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:59:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout