Home » Audio » Radio » Working in a Radio Station
Working in a Radio Station [message #77616] Mon, 26 August 2013 08:37 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Have you ever worked in a radio station? What did you think of the experience? I think it might be neat to run the board.
Re: Working in a Radio Station [message #77638 is a reply to message #77616] Tue, 27 August 2013 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Yes a long time ago. A local FM station that played mixed stuff. Everything was phono based but we had some really cool reel to reel recorders (Crown, Magnicord, Ampex). It was kind of fun for a while, but like most things I seemed to get involved with back then the mystique wore off after about a year and I moved on. One of the best things about it was you could order LPs directly from Columbia for $1 for mono and 1.25 for stereo. As many as you wanted. I had a lot of Columbia (and its affiliates) LPs back then.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Working in a Radio Station [message #77738 is a reply to message #77616] Tue, 03 September 2013 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can see how it would get old after awhile, Bruce, but the fringe benefits sure were nice! I wonder if current radio employees get deals on albums.
Re: Working in a Radio Station [message #77784 is a reply to message #77738] Thu, 05 September 2013 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I think it would be interesting. They always sound like they are enjoying themselves on the stations I listen to. Although I don't think it really pays much but if it's something you enjoy then it would be a great job for you.
Re: Working in a Radio Station [message #77813 is a reply to message #77616] Tue, 10 September 2013 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Yes, I've never gotten the impression that the DJs and engineers made much money. As for their enjoyment level, naturally they are going to sound enthusiastic on air, and I hope they really do enjoy their jobs.
Re: Working in a Radio Station [message #78101 is a reply to message #77616] Mon, 14 October 2013 05:56 Go to previous message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I think they would have to enjoy it if they doing the job for low pay. The DJs I listen to do a lot of appearances and commercials so this probably helps them earn more income. If they become popular the requests for their time probably increases.
Previous Topic: info on an Airline 62-2700?
Next Topic: Same Songs Over and Over Again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:23:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout