Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Bad System For The Space
Bad System For The Space [message #77527] Mon, 19 August 2013 14:41 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I've been in quite a few jobs where the work floor is rather large with a lot of people, and the sound system is terrible. Some parts of the floor you can hear the system just fine, while on other parts you can't really hear it all.

How hard can it be to get a good, even sound over an entire work area?
Re: Bad System For The Space [message #77643 is a reply to message #77527] Wed, 28 August 2013 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sound design is more complicated than you might think. If you just throw up some speakers without paying attention to directionality and wattage as well as room characteristics, your system will not sound good.
Re: Bad System For The Space [message #82024 is a reply to message #77527] Sat, 13 February 2016 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I've noticed this as well. Some restaurants and stores I have gone into the sound has been terrible. There are spots where the music is too loud and other spots where the music is not loud enough. I think if you are going to put up a sound system, at least make sure it sounds right first.
Re: Bad System For The Space [message #82587 is a reply to message #77527] Thu, 05 May 2016 05:59 Go to previous message
minora is currently offline  minora
Baron
If I can take a guess it's largely related to funding. Places which are not audio-oriented will just buy small, simple speakers and put the radio on. I suppose audio for big space will need proper amplification and speaker placement, which are usually neglected for big spaces.
Previous Topic: Acoustic calculators
Next Topic: Open plan acoustic advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:18:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout