Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Old Theater 4 Crossover
Old Theater 4 Crossover [message #77477] Mon, 12 August 2013 08:09 Go to next message
GarlandB is currently offline  GarlandB
Chancellor
Hi Wayne,

Can you post or e-mail me the old Theater 4 crossover schematic? I'm trying to resurrect my Theater 4s who sacrificed their crossovers for the more recent Pi 4s. and I can't find the original documents from 12 years ago or so.
Also, thanks for the new H290C horns! I'm trying to get a handle on their sound. -Definitely different and I think, cleaner (more clear) but possibly thinner as well. -not as full sounding which may be good. But since I'm using low power amps I like (need) the fullness. The horns are keepers none the less!

Thanks as always,

Garland

Re: Old Theater 4 Crossover [message #77478 is a reply to message #77477] Mon, 12 August 2013 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not sure I have the old documents, but you can use the same crossover. Just add a 0.47uF capacitor in position C1 and remove resistor Rs.

I found the plans! [message #77482 is a reply to message #77477] Mon, 12 August 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarlandB is currently offline  GarlandB
Chancellor
Wayne,

Thanks for the reply. I just found the plans for the Theater 4s and notice that the crossover is bit different from the new 4 Pi crossover; -2 inductors instead of 3 and a few different capacitor values. Do you think the "new" 4 Pi will be better performing with the Eminence Delta 15 and PSD2002 in the larger cabinet than the old crossover?

Garland
Re: I found the plans! [message #77483 is a reply to message #77482] Mon, 12 August 2013 13:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I do think it will be better, yes. The new cossover is much more optimized. Then again, of course, it is optimized for the woofers shown, and not for the Delta 15. I stopped using that driver sometime in the early-2000s. But the basic topolgy is the same, and what you're seeing is incremental improvements. I think it is worthwhile to take advantage of those improvements if you're starting out fresh.

Previous Topic: 4Pis are better now?
Next Topic: Bye-Bye 15 Ohm Shunt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:08:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout