Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Construction Outside
Construction Outside [message #77442] Thu, 08 August 2013 07:13 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
They are replacing water pipes in my neighborhood and they are almost to my house, so now I have to listen to the noise all day. The noise itself isn't too bad, but getting out of the driveway when I leave later may be interesting. I'm also concerned about my water quality for the next two days.
Re: Construction Outside [message #77449 is a reply to message #77442] Thu, 08 August 2013 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, The same sort of thing happened here when they replaced all the gas lines. One false step and boom. Our vehicles were stuck in the drive for a few hours but other than the noise it was not much of a problem. I do feel sorry for the neighbors that erected fences and planted shrubs in the right of way. The gas company was as accommodating as was reasonable, but stuff there is not actually on part of the land owned by the homeowner. The first 8 feet from the curb is right of way here. Utility companies can pretty much do what they want with it. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Construction Outside [message #77452 is a reply to message #77442] Fri, 09 August 2013 09:07 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
That's true, Bruce. The area by the curb certainly doesn't look as nice as it used to around here! Our neighborhood is pretty laid back about lawns, though, so no one really cares that there's a swath of dirt and gravel where scrubby lawn used to be.
Previous Topic: Amazon Shipping Charges
Next Topic: Ear Infection?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:17:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout