Home » xyzzy » Tower » Long ride, no stereo
Long ride, no stereo [message #77432] Tue, 06 August 2013 19:01 Go to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
We had to go to Ohio to pick up a piece of equipment over the weekend and it was the longest drive ever. It was made even worse by the fact that there was no working stereo in the vehicle we had to take. How do you drive 700 miles round trip with no stereo?
Re: Long ride, no stereo [message #77441 is a reply to message #77432] Wed, 07 August 2013 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't know how you survived. That would drive me insane and there is no way I'd do it. I'd stop at the nearest Walmart to buy and install a stereo.
Re: Long ride, no stereo [message #77493 is a reply to message #77432] Wed, 14 August 2013 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
That would not be fun. Didn't you get tired of the silence? I hope you guys at least talked to each other a lot to stave off the boredom.
Re: Long ride, no stereo [message #77531 is a reply to message #77432] Mon, 19 August 2013 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
We used to survive by reading to each other. My husband and I drove a lot of miles reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes to each other. Later on, after kids, we all took turns reading the Harry Potter book that was out one summer. It's a lot more fun than just listening to a book on tape.
Re: Long ride, no stereo [message #77554 is a reply to message #77432] Wed, 21 August 2013 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I was going to say talk, but that reading idea is a pretty good one. I don't think I would have thought of that. Something by Clive Barker would keep you you awake, that's almost guaranteed.
Re: Long ride, no stereo [message #77556 is a reply to message #77554] Wed, 21 August 2013 15:30 Go to previous message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
Clive Barker! He wouldn't just keep me awake for the drive. He'd keep me up for days. His stuff is not for the faint of heart. I don't think I could sleep in a strange place after being read to from one of his books!
Previous Topic: Artwork
Next Topic: Now I've "Heard" It All
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:14:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout