Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Old question, but what's in the 3-Pi sub kit?
Old question, but what's in the 3-Pi sub kit? [message #77374] Thu, 01 August 2013 10:31 Go to next message
chrisR is currently offline  chrisR
Baron
Hi Wayne,

I'm starting to stock up more parts for an integrated TV stand that includes; centered sub, center channel speaker, TV stand, and spaces for the electronice. Hence the need for the sub kit. :^)
I won't be making the rest Pi speakers this time because the room doesn't have the right spaces.

Thx, Chris

Re: Old question, but what's in the 3-Pi sub kit? [message #77375 is a reply to message #77374] Thu, 01 August 2013 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The three π subwoofer kit is pretty basic. Contents include the woofer, port tube, connector panel and wire assembly, "π" logo decal and a printed copy of the plans.

Re: Old question, but what's in the 3-Pi sub kit? [message #77376 is a reply to message #77375] Thu, 01 August 2013 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.
Chris
Re: Old question, but what's in the 3-Pi sub kit? [message #77421 is a reply to message #77376] Mon, 05 August 2013 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi Wayne,
I placed the order and got the plans. Thanks!
I already knew the dimentions, but didn't realize the
depth is a requirement based on the length of the port
tube. If I wanted to adjust the dimentions (not volume),
does the port still work the same if there are bends in it?
I don't have access to BoxPlot or anything until I get home.
Does the cabinet get the same R13 on 3 sides treatment?
Thx, Chris
Re: Old question, but what's in the 3-Pi sub kit? [message #77422 is a reply to message #77421] Mon, 05 August 2013 14:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Small subs like these are not picky about dimensions. They are acoustically small and so standing waves don't setup inside. As long as the box is the right volume and the port is the right length and area, it will be fine. Also, no insulation is required for the same reason. You can add it if you want, but as long as the system is low-passed below a couple hundred Hertz, there won't be any problem frequencies inside the cabinet to attenuate.

Previous Topic: Every Upgrade makes the 4Pis Better
Next Topic: Three Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 02:23:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout