Home » Audio » Radio » Bad Reception Spots
Bad Reception Spots [message #77287] Thu, 25 July 2013 14:17 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
It's always strange when I run into bad reception areas for radio stations. It's very flat here so there are no hills to get in the way, but periodically I find areas where my favorite station fuzzes out. It's not that I'm outside of the overall range either; reception is just fine right before and after.
Re: Bad Reception Spots [message #77346 is a reply to message #77287] Tue, 30 July 2013 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roxxi is currently offline  roxxi
Chancellor
I have the same problem. I don't think we would have that problem if we had cirius radio would we? My cousin has a cool radio in her car. She doesn't get any of the local station. She gets country, comedy, sports, etc. - I would love her radio.
Re: Bad Reception Spots [message #77353 is a reply to message #77346] Tue, 30 July 2013 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Sirius and XM are the same company now. There are different stations on each, but the hardware can get both - if you pay for them. I like XM in the car as it doesn't fade out. It is satellite radio. Costs about $200 per year or if you rather about $25 per month. Roughly 100 stations on XM now, music, talk, sports etc.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Bad Reception Spots [message #77363 is a reply to message #77287] Wed, 31 July 2013 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I have a hard time talking myself into paying for radio. I guess I would rather just deal with the annoyances of the free version.
Re: Bad Reception Spots [message #77506 is a reply to message #77287] Sat, 17 August 2013 06:57 Go to previous message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I don't see Sirius XM as a radio station. I see it as a customizable choice of artists. When I have the extra cash I'm definitely getting it. It sounds like the year subscription is well worth the cost.
Previous Topic: Is Traditional Radio Dying?
Next Topic: Traffic Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:38:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout