Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Music Worth It (new music and high end stereo)
Music Worth It [message #77232] Sun, 21 July 2013 12:21 Go to next message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
I hate to sound like I'm getting old, but maybe I'm just getting old. I haven't heard any new music worth playing on a good stereo in a long time.

Oh, There's the occasional single that really catches my attention, but it seems that no artist can put out more than one good song.

Or is it that I live in the sticks? I'm open to recommendations.

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Re: Music Worth It [message #77370 is a reply to message #77232] Wed, 31 July 2013 20:20 Go to previous message
Soundsensor is currently offline  Soundsensor
Esquire
I guess that depends on your taste in music. For some, it might seem that there is a constant flow of good music.

I can relate to the idea of "maybe I'm getting old" very well. In fact, I have had these thoughts myself here lately when it comes to music.

While I am not prejudice toward any single genre of music, I would be a liar if I said rock was not my favorite genre. When it comes to rock, I don't think it's that I'm getting old. I think that the rock genre isn't doing so well these days.

Just to show you, go over to billboard and hit the genre tab for rock. Pick hot rock songs and look at #1. I was completely unfamiliar with the band or song. Doing a little more research and listening to the song I found that I have heard it. I just wasn't classifying it as rock in my mind.

I was of the impression that the centerpiece of rock was the six-string electric guitar. If that makes me old, then I prefer to be old.
Previous Topic: Machine Gun Kelly
Next Topic: Micheal Franti and Spearhead
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:17:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout