Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Were you surprised about the spying?
Were you surprised about the spying? [message #77176] Thu, 11 July 2013 18:07 Go to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Were you surprised when all of the revelations about the NSA, FBI, and CIA spying on all of us and other countries came out? Personally, I was not surprised at all.
Re: Were you surprised about the spying? [message #77178 is a reply to message #77176] Thu, 11 July 2013 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, No. I expect there are more things we don't know about. It is a tangled issue. How much protection do we want vs how much privacy are we willing to give up to get it. It would be a lot more clear cut if there was an easy way to verify that each decrement in the one provided a corresponding and valuable gain in the other. Then too we are not privy to any number of things that have been prevented either. A tough call for each of us to examine and evaluate. I find it more humorous that some of the other nations protested and hollered about it....particularly since they are virtually certain of doing the same thing. Subsequent events notably the way Russia set rules on potential asylum (only if Snowden stopped causing problems for the US) are really rather interesting. All in all good food for thought.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Were you surprised about the spying? [message #77185 is a reply to message #77176] Sat, 13 July 2013 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I saw a story yesterday, that sounds as though Snowden is going to take Russia's offer of asylum. I also saw another story where parts of the Russian guard have reverted to using paper instead of electronic communication.
Re: Were you surprised about the spying? [message #77189 is a reply to message #77176] Sun, 14 July 2013 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roxxi is currently offline  roxxi
Chancellor
I was not surprised at all. I am surprised at how the US Government is handling the whole situation. I wonder where Snowden will end up and if we will somehow get him prior to him getting out of the airport.
Re: Were you surprised about the spying? [message #77190 is a reply to message #77176] Sun, 14 July 2013 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Well, he has made certain that different people around the world have hard copies of all the documents that he has. Even if the US gets him the information will still be released.
Re: Were you surprised about the spying? [message #77409 is a reply to message #77176] Sun, 04 August 2013 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
Heck no! It cracks me up that some people were shocked that our government is spying on us. They have been since the beginning of the Union for goodness sakes. J. Edgar Hoover had dossiers on just about everyone back in the day.
Re: Were you surprised about the spying? [message #77411 is a reply to message #77409] Sun, 04 August 2013 14:41 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, No surprises here but the thing that is more worrisome is that non-government agencies are spying as well. Have you seen the advertisements for some insurance companies that will "let you" install a device in your car so they can give you a better rate. Guess what kind of data it records? Cell phone tracking, what you watch on CATV (yes most are bi-directional and track that) store checkouts, credit cards, debit cards and lots others. We have allowed ourselves to be watched and tracked in many ways. Whether for good or bad is the question.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Freon? Car AC?
Next Topic: Amazon Shipping Charges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:14:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers