Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » compare 3pi vs Klipsch Synergy F2 (compare 3pi vs Klipsch Synergy F2)
compare 3pi vs Klipsch Synergy F2 [message #76924] Mon, 03 June 2013 05:58 Go to next message
master mind is currently offline  master mind
Esquire
:I am looking for a comparitive review for 3Pi VS Klipsch Synergy F2 fron u all. I am new to Hi efficiency..... heard Sybergy F2 --& found it very much creamy smooth, unfatiguing....
As a matter of fact I am looking for a speaker with creamy smooth tone, a bit unfatiguing, a bit analog, perfect for below average recordings but musically good albums ....

Klipsch Synergy F2 throws a 3D soundstage with godd depth perception too. I am a 3D sounstage fan....

Looking forward from u all.....
lol:
Re: compare 3pi vs Klipsch Synergy F2 [message #76935 is a reply to message #76924] Mon, 03 June 2013 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkeman is currently offline  rkeman
Viscount
The Klipsch Synergy F2 has been discontinued for some time with the F20 appearing as a replacement. The only similar speaker that I've heard recently is the Klipsch KF-28, a tower with dual 8" woofers and a 1" aluminum dome horn-loaded tweeter. The cabinet was lightweight and finished in black ash vinyl veneer. The pressed steel basket injection plastic cone woofers appeared to be a low excursion design of middling quality and the tweeter horn was a simple undamped plastic molding. The crossover was a mystery, but very high quality components are probably not to be found. Keep in mind that a $425 speaker is unlikely to contain more than $80-100 of components including the cabinet.

Comparing speakers is difficult without an extended audition in a familiar environment. The Klipsch sounded acceptable during my brief audition, particularly when played at modest volume levels and positioned away from the walls. The low bass capability appeared to be fairly limited and it took significant repositioning to obtain reasonable stereo imaging. A few days in my listening room would allow a much more thorough evaluation, but that isn't going to happen.

So how would these compare with the 3Pi? The B&C DE250 compression driver and (in my case) Acoustic Elegance TD12S woofer are superb transducers in a different class than the drivers used in the Klipsch. The horn and crossover components are very high quality and the cabinets are well braced and damped. One of my 3Pi speakers weighs more than a pair of Klipsch F20s. As to the sound, I'll defer to my 3Pi review found here and at Audio Asylum for a thorough assessment of the 3Pis performance in the listening room.
Re: compare 3pi vs Klipsch Synergy F2 [message #76945 is a reply to message #76924] Wed, 05 June 2013 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
master mind is currently offline  master mind
Esquire
Hi Rkeman,

Thanx for your reply. But I wanted to know the tonality(read creamy smoothness) between Synergy F2 vs 3Pi.

I am also interested in 3D soundstaging & imaging... especially depth of soundstaging......soundstaging starting at speaker plane & extending at the back of the the speaker plane towards front wall...as I am sitting at 20/30th row.

I want my 3Pi to be forgiving in nature. I don't want aanlytical hyper detail sound. I want relaxed effortless creamy smooth tonality ( just like vintage era ) with 3d soundstaging....

I have decided to buy 3Pi kit in stock form. I want advice from all of u.

Re: compare 3pi vs Klipsch Synergy F2 [message #76957 is a reply to message #76945] Wed, 05 June 2013 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkeman is currently offline  rkeman
Viscount
The 3Pi has a smooth neutral tonal character. The clarity afforded by the 3Pi makes it more forgiving of lesser quality recordings than many competitors. Course upper midrange and treble response and significant distortion can be mistaken for clarity and detail - it is not and rapidly leads to listener fatigue.

Soundstaging is a function of both the speaker and listening room. Early reflections and frequency response variation between loudspeakers results in a "wandering" or indistinct image. Constant directivity designs such as the 3Pi minimize early reflections by directing the sound into the room rather than at the adjacent walls. The drivers and crossover components used in my 3Pis result in a closely matched response (+/- about 0.5 dB above 200 Hz). Proper acoustic treatment of the room (first reflection point absorption, corner bass absorbers, diffusors, etc...) and correct speaker placement are vital and often neglected, even by ardent audiophiles. Lastly, image width and depth are very dependant on the program material. No accurate speaker will provide an expansive image if it is not found in the source.
Re: compare 3pi vs Klipsch Synergy F2 [message #76958 is a reply to message #76957] Wed, 05 June 2013 16:07 Go to previous message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Get the 3 PI and don't look back. Just about the only thing that will top my interest in the 3 or 4 PI speakers will be two good corners for PI corner horns. I absolutely agree with Rkeman. He has hit the nail on the head with his description. I haven't owned a pair of Klipsch products since a pair of Heresies in the 70's. The PI is a well thought out mature design. I really enjoy my 3's and they are the bone stock version. I am constantly building speakers, well because I think it's fun, and the PI3 has become a fixture. Hope this helps.

Steve. Cool
Previous Topic: 4pi's on the way!
Next Topic: 8 Pi questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:13:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers