Home » Audio » Speaker » Open Baffle Speakers
Re: Open Baffle Speakers [message #77036 is a reply to message #77033] Sun, 16 June 2013 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't used mine in a while either. But back in the 1990s, I wanted to listen to a program that wasn't available in my area. The nearest 50kW boomer station was WOAI in San Antonio. I can catch that station in Tulsa on most decent radios, but it is intermittent, depending on time of day and atmospheric conditions. So to prevent dropouts, I bought a Select-A-tenna. It's just a loop antenna with a variable tuner, you know. Works so well - when I dial it in to WOAI, I get it like it was a local station any time of day. But then a few years later, one of the local Tulsa stations started brodcasting the the program I wanted to hear, so I haven't used that Select-A-tenna since.

I might blow the dust off and take it with me to my commute gig though. During the week, I am in a part of Northwestern Arkansas - right on the edge of the Ozarks - and it's like a black hole here. No radio. I can stream stuff on the internet, of course, but I kind of like using my old analog radios. So I may bring that Select-A-Tenna to the Arkansas Apartment.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic chatter. Carry on!

Re: Open Baffle Speakers [message #77039 is a reply to message #77025] Mon, 17 June 2013 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
gofar99,

I misunderstood something I read in your post, so ignore my last post. Embarassed

Dave Smile
Re: Open Baffle Speakers [message #77079 is a reply to message #77039] Wed, 26 June 2013 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
My Open Baffle write up is 95% done...so Wayne how do I post it as the file with photos is kind of large?

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Open Baffle Speakers [message #77080 is a reply to message #77079] Wed, 26 June 2013 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Just attach the photos and the forum software will adjust the size to fit on the page. Or if it is a single document file, just attach it. If the document file is too large, let me know and we'll figure it out.

Re: Open Baffle Speakers [message #77081 is a reply to message #77080] Wed, 26 June 2013 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, With luck here is the project. A fun and cheap build of some pretty good sounding speakers.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Open Baffle Speakers [message #77091 is a reply to message #77081] Sat, 29 June 2013 10:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Dude, that's really cool! Thanks for making such a thorough write-up and posting it here. For anyone wanting to try an open-baffle design, this is a simple and inexpensive one. It's not just drivers on a panel either - You've done your homework. Nice job!

Previous Topic: How Do Amplifiers Actually Work?
Next Topic: Tuning below Fs with JBL 2226H?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 02:58:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio