Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Live Sound Vocals
Live Sound Vocals [message #76888] Thu, 30 May 2013 08:01 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I was at a restaurant last night and they had a guy there, playing a guitar and singing. His vocals were actually balanced so you didn't have to strain to hear them. Usually when I hear bands around here that isn't the case and I've complained about it before. I know it's easier to balance the vocals when it is just them and a guitar than when it's a full band, but it sure was nice all the same.
Re: Live Sound Vocals [message #77074 is a reply to message #76888] Tue, 25 June 2013 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's always nice when you can actually hear the vocals. That is, assuming they are worth hearing! Laughing

Do you ever mention the mix to the band? I don't, because I think it would be rude, but maybe they'd appreciate the feedback.
Re: Live Sound Vocals [message #77578 is a reply to message #76888] Fri, 23 August 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I've mentioned the mix to bands before, but only because they asked. I wouldn't give random feedback because in general I think unsolicited advice is rude.
Re: Live Sound Vocals [message #77670 is a reply to message #77578] Sun, 01 September 2013 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
audioaudio90 wrote on Fri, 23 August 2013 08:02
I've mentioned the mix to bands before, but only because they asked. I wouldn't give random feedback because in general I think unsolicited advice is rude.

I had this dilemma a couple nights ago. Even my husband was commenting that the bass was too heavy and he normally doesn't notice things like that. He thought I should say something, but like audioaudio, I thought it might be rude.
Re: Live Sound Vocals [message #78377 is a reply to message #77074] Fri, 15 November 2013 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think you should mention it if there mixing sound from the stage, let them know at break time they sound good, but it's hard to hear the vocal's and they'll usually correct it. At least the one's I've said something to anyway. By the end of the night they appreciated the advice, and it turned out to be one of there better gigs. Just be nice is the key.
Re: Live Sound Vocals [message #78379 is a reply to message #78377] Sat, 16 November 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Thanks for the advice, Bill. I've always been concerned they might take it personally if I told them, but it sounds like, at least in your experience, the band takes it pretty well.
Re: Live Sound Vocals [message #78681 is a reply to message #77670] Tue, 17 December 2013 21:14 Go to previous message
SoundGuy is currently offline  SoundGuy
Esquire
Having mixed all sorts of venues I always find it helpful when I get feedback from the audience. I don't take opinions personally and if there is something that can be fixed that I am missing, I will. Just be courteous when you ask and also feel free to give thanks as well. Just my two cents worth.
Previous Topic: Set Up Keyboard
Next Topic: Micing electric guitar amps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:18:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout