Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Found after ten years!
Found after ten years! [message #76697] Wed, 08 May 2013 18:16 Go to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Have you guys been following the story about the three women who were found after being abducted more than ten years ago? I am so glad that they were found. I can't even imagine having been a captive for ten years!
Re: Found after ten years! [message #76699 is a reply to message #76697] Wed, 08 May 2013 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's nuts. Just incredible.

There was a lot of news today, seemed like information overload.

Did you hear about the Benghazi investigation?

Re: Found after ten years! [message #76701 is a reply to message #76697] Thu, 09 May 2013 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I've been trying to keep up with the Cleveland abduction story but I'm not familiar with the Benghazi investigation, so I'll have to read up on that one. About the Cleveland abduction, can you imagine how happy all the parents must be?! I would imagine they were forced to give their children up for dead a long time ago.
Re: Found after ten years! [message #77159 is a reply to message #76701] Tue, 09 July 2013 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
The Cleveland ladies story was updated this morning according to this article. All three ladies released a YouTube video together. I am glad to see that they are all doing okay.
Re: Found after ten years! [message #77160 is a reply to message #77159] Tue, 09 July 2013 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Honestly, I don't think they'll ever be "OK." They'll adjust perhaps, best case. And I certainly hope the rest of their lives is sweet and joyful. But I also suspect they'll always have a looming darkness from all those years of ugly memories.

If they don't give Castro the death penalty, it will be just another example of our screwed up legal system. In fact, it seems to me that the old draw and quarter method would be the most appropriate form of execution for him.

Why are we concerned about humane treatment for criminals that are themselves inhumane? I mean, it's not like there is "reasonable doubt" that we might wrongly convict this guy. Seems to me like in cases where there is not just an absense of reasonable doubt but even more clearly "no doubt" that you could pull out the stops.

Humane or not, the deterrent needs to be more effective. Pull out their guts and put their heads on poles. Let the nutcases know that they won't get mollycoddled, and maybe they'll think twice and won't go on these killing sprees and gang bang shootouts and weird kidnapping things.

Re: Found after ten years! [message #77162 is a reply to message #77160] Tue, 09 July 2013 16:20 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Yeah, but out here they would stake him on top of a red ant hill. It allows lots of time to reflect during the process of being devoured alive by the ants.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Remember Smokey?
Next Topic: 50 cent brags about not being in jail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:43:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers