Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Amazon Shipping Charges
Amazon Shipping Charges [message #76590] Wed, 01 May 2013 16:55 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I just heard that Amazon has upped their shipping charges one dollar. Will this effect your buying habits for anything less than $25? Maybe this is just their way of getting people to buy more than 25 dollars worth of stuff at one time.
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #76731 is a reply to message #76590] Mon, 13 May 2013 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I never buy from Amazon unless I have more than $25 worth of merchandise to buy anyways, so it won't change my shopping habits. Now, if they start messing with the free-shipping-over-$25 promotion, we're going to have a problem!!
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #76790 is a reply to message #76731] Sat, 18 May 2013 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I still get a lot of stuff free shipping...but beware, Amazon and the other on line biggies are getting ready to add sales tax to everything. This change is undesirable from a consumer point of view, but inevitable with the current national financial climate. Brick and mortar stores like Walmart and Target, have too much clout and the small ones are screaming that the lack of sales tax on internet sales is unfair competition. Worse the states see this a new cash cow. Get ready to add about 7% to on line purchases.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #76822 is a reply to message #76590] Tue, 21 May 2013 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
So it's not really "free" then. In lieu of shipping charges they just up the state sales tax a bit. You still pay extra in the end.
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #77083 is a reply to message #76590] Thu, 27 June 2013 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have Prime now, so I don't pay shipping anyway, but before I got Prime, I always made sure I was spending $25 for the free shipping. As for the sales tax, I am disappointed but I expected it to happen sooner or later. No sales tax always seemed a bit dodgy anyway, as nice as it was.
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #77092 is a reply to message #76590] Sat, 29 June 2013 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Amazon Prime is where it is at! I am a student so I get the Prime package with the all the streaming movies and TV for $39 per year! The sales tax stinks, but we all knew it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #77106 is a reply to message #76590] Tue, 02 July 2013 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I wish I could get Prime for $39/year! That would be awesome! We pay the full $79. I still think it's a good deal, especially since we no longer have cable and Prime comes in handy for TV episodes.
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #77224 is a reply to message #76590] Sat, 20 July 2013 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roxxi is currently offline  roxxi
Chancellor
I pay the full $79 a year for Prime too. It is crazy! I wish I could find a deal. I really do buy a lot on Amazon.com so I pay the fee for Prime. I bet they are trying to get people to buy more so they upped their shipping prices.
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #77231 is a reply to message #77092] Sun, 21 July 2013 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
I was very disappointed with my Amazon Prime membership. I always have $25 worth of stuff in order, anyway. I got it as a real cheap Christmas promotion, and I won't continue past this year. I was hoping to be able to borrow Kindle books using Prime. However you must have a physical Kindle, not Kindle for iPad.
Re: Amazon Shipping Charges [message #77433 is a reply to message #76590] Tue, 06 August 2013 19:04 Go to previous message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
I have Prime as well so shipping charges don't affect me. I wouldn't change my buying habits because shipping charges in general are going up so it probably wouldn't be any different anywhere else.
Previous Topic: Were you surprised about the spying?
Next Topic: Construction Outside
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:12:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout