Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaking of even more tube amps:
Speaking of even more tube amps: [message #76510] Fri, 26 April 2013 12:39 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
A little hubris if you don't mind...

Me, you know, the guy that doesn't know a sine from a sign, I just now clamped together this chassis for one of a pair of mono-blocs and, YABBA-DABBA-DOO, the angles all work out!!!

index.php?t=getfile&id=1147&private=0

This is a 50 Watt Push-Pull Mullard-style KT-88 amp with EF86 and 12AT7 drivers developed at Diyaudio.com principally by Eli Duttman and Johan Potgieter with input from our own Steve Brown.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1148&private=0

Long thread here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/156699-mullard-5-20-kt88-pp-blocks-98.html

I've had the construction done for over a year and finally found the time (okay, finally got off my butt) to build the chassis'. That done, I'll begin pestering Steve (his have been done for over a year and he says it's the best P-P he's heard) on a daily basis to help me follow the schematic and wire up these things. Very complex. Individual meters for the Bias. Cool, huh?

Re: Speaking of even more tube amps: [message #76511 is a reply to message #76510] Fri, 26 April 2013 12:41 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, yeah, Bill - That looks great!

Previous Topic: An amazing listening session with the H290C
Next Topic: 2 pi towers finished
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:21:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio