Home » Audio » Speaker » Audio Physic Step Loudspeaker
Audio Physic Step Loudspeaker [message #76464] Wed, 24 April 2013 07:01 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I just read this review of the Audio Physic Step Loudspeaker. It was intended to be mostly positive, but it turned me off the speakers. I want speakers that will reproduce the lower frequencies since I listen to a lot of music that depends on hearing the bass.
Re: Audio Physic Step Loudspeaker [message #76597 is a reply to message #76464] Thu, 02 May 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The review was rather balanced on positives and negatives, I thought. The soundstaging apparently was very good and that's always enjoyable, but I agree with you that I don't care for speakers that are on the bright side.
Re: Audio Physic Step Loudspeaker [message #76769 is a reply to message #76597] Thu, 16 May 2013 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Give me the bass.... Many folks will tell you that there is little content below about 60HZ. I don't know what they listen to, but my listening choices have lots down there. My main speakers are Martin Logan Electrostatics and are rated to go to 42 HZ (not specified the +/- db there) I use a pair of powered subs with them that are rated to hit 30... a big difference. When I get inspired I have a pair of 7.5 cubic foot subs with 15 inch drivers that hit 22 flat and -6db at about 18HZ. I find there is plenty of content down there. BTW, I am not a hard rocker and like jazz, folk, light rock, vocals etc.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Audio Physic Step Loudspeaker [message #76853 is a reply to message #76769] Fri, 24 May 2013 08:23 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
"There is little content below 60 Hz"? I'm spluttering in outrage over here! I am a hard rocker and need some bass. There's even some research that indicates while we may not be able to hear below roughly 20 Hz, we still sense it.
Previous Topic: Skullcandy Sweepstakes
Next Topic: How Do Amplifiers Actually Work?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:13:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio