Home » xyzzy » Tower » Experimenting In The Kitchen
Experimenting In The Kitchen [message #76431] Mon, 22 April 2013 18:37 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I've been experimenting in the kitchen a bit lately, especially where the Crock Pot is concerned. Since it's such an easy method of cooking, I've been looking up new recipes and trying them out. Last week was a beef roast recipe that turned out pretty good, albeit the meat was a bit chewy on reheating. This week it's a chicken dish and if it turns out right, it'll be like chicken pot pie filling.

Anyone else been experimenting in their kitchen recently?
Re: Experimenting In The Kitchen [message #76460 is a reply to message #76431] Tue, 23 April 2013 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
My husband is a culinary arts student so there is always some experimentation happening in my kitchen. Tonight we made a pork loin stuffed with spinach, bacon, shallots, asiago, and parmesan cheese. Delicious!
Re: Experimenting In The Kitchen [message #76489 is a reply to message #76431] Thu, 25 April 2013 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I guess I'm a creature of habit so I don't experiment much in the kitchen. I have certain tastes and like my food cooked or fried in certain ways.
Re: Experimenting In The Kitchen [message #76495 is a reply to message #76431] Thu, 25 April 2013 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
What is it lately about crock pots? I must be the only person in the world that doesn't own one. I guess I need to get one. I will admit that they sound like a good idea for summer, cooking but not heating up the kitchen.

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Re: Experimenting In The Kitchen [message #76503 is a reply to message #76495] Thu, 25 April 2013 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi A good tip is to use the prepackaged marinades in the crock pot. Several brands from barbeque to mojo lime. Just mix it up and chuck in the meat. I use chicken parts, pork roasts, beef and pork ribs and beef roasts. Allow about 2/3 pound per person and cook on low all day.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Experimenting In The Kitchen [message #76552 is a reply to message #76431] Mon, 29 April 2013 18:23 Go to previous message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
We've been trying out some new recipes here lately, but we've been on a grilling kick now that the weather has finally warmed up enough to get outside. We've been trying out different marinade recipes and experimenting with grilling different sides.
Previous Topic: Lifting The Ban On Paddling
Next Topic: HIV & AIDS Testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:01:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout