Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Reverb
Reverb [message #76419] Mon, 22 April 2013 09:27 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do you like a lot of reverb in the music you enjoy? I do for vocals; I enjoy the illusion of space for the voice to soar. It can be overdone but most of the time it's not.
Re: Reverb [message #76424 is a reply to message #76419] Mon, 22 April 2013 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
Sorry to disagree so strongly, but I really hate reverb at all, and hate it the most on vocals! To me, it doesn't sound like a big open space; it sounds like being in a cave. But, I guess each to his or her own.

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Re: Reverb [message #76465 is a reply to message #76424] Wed, 24 April 2013 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
It greatly depends. If there is too much reverb, it's really distracting. If there is too little, the vocals sound flat and odd. Some reverb is necessary.
Re: Reverb [message #76505 is a reply to message #76419] Fri, 26 April 2013 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Mother, it sounds like you don't care for a lot of reverb like I do, but I'd be surprised if you didn't like any at all. Reverb recreates the natural sound of vocals and can also improve them. People sing in the shower because the increased reverb from the hard surfaces makes their voices sound better.
Re: Reverb [message #76507 is a reply to message #76505] Fri, 26 April 2013 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
Nymeria, you're probably right. I probably like it when it's done subtly and I don't really hear it separate from the main sounds. I have noticed that my singing is much improved in the shower! Wink

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Re: Reverb [message #76515 is a reply to message #76507] Fri, 26 April 2013 17:56 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
To the Mother,
I agree Nemeria, reverb is an effect and you need it for live sound vocals as long as you don't go overboard with it. I've even run reverb plus chorus (extra delay on top of the reverb) to double the vocal's on some songs of the band's I've mixed. To much reverb overdone can suck on a live mix.
Previous Topic: First instrument ideas
Next Topic: Audio At A Wedding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:09:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout