Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Drive-In
Drive-In [message #76355] Thu, 18 April 2013 07:23 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Is anyone here fortunate enough to have a Drive-In theater near them? We actually have one in the Atlanta area. I have never been, but I would really like to go. I am not sure if it sees a lot of business, but I would hate for it to close because no one goes.
Re: Drive-In [message #76367 is a reply to message #76355] Thu, 18 April 2013 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
No, we don't have any drive-in movie theaters nearby, but we do still have one family owned drive-in restaurant. I can't remember what it's called but it's similar to a Sonic; they serve burgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, etc.
Re: Drive-In [message #76369 is a reply to message #76367] Thu, 18 April 2013 18:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We have one in Tulsa, a historic site that's over 50 years old. I love going there! It's more a social thing for me than just watching the movie. You hang out with your friends, and the movie is just sort of a focal point.
I don't treat it the same as I would an indoor show though, where the movie is the sole focus - In the drive-in, interruptions are acceptable, even welcomed, sort of like going to dinner or something. It's not the place to see that movie you're dying to see for the first time, more like the place to see it a second time, to hang out with buds, cut up a little bit and eat a couple of hot dogs and a bag of popcorn.

Previous Topic: Casting Calls
Next Topic: Myspace dedicated to music.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 19:58:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout