Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Audiobooks
Audiobooks [message #76223] Sun, 07 April 2013 07:21 Go to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
Has anyone else noticed the new craze of people listening to audiobooks? I call it a "craze" because I've noticed a lot of my friends listening to them. I still prefer to hear music on my iPod.
Re: Audiobooks [message #76238 is a reply to message #76223] Mon, 08 April 2013 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Hummm Yes. I also wonder if a lot of the headphone wearers are actually listening to anything. It may just be a way to ignore the rest of us without having to say anything. Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Audiobooks [message #76286 is a reply to message #76238] Fri, 12 April 2013 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
Yeah, I've noticed audiobooks becoming a lot more popular here lately. Personally, I would rather listen to music and read my books. I've never been able to listen to a book on tape; I always zone out.
Re: Audiobooks [message #76296 is a reply to message #76286] Mon, 15 April 2013 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
People really are listening to more audiobooks! Audible.com recently announced it has seen a tenfold increase. I wonder why people are now turning to audiobooks, while the e-reader sales are also going up? Does everyone really have so much time on their hands?
Re: Audiobooks [message #76439 is a reply to message #76296] Tue, 23 April 2013 07:37 Go to previous message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
I think the point of audiobooks is that people don't have time on their hands. They are squeezing their "reading" in with their driving, or housework. Plus, audiobooks are frequently abridged versions, shorter and faster paced.

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Previous Topic: Boston Marathon
Next Topic: Making immigrants legal?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:34:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout