Home » Audio » Radio » Spotify Radiio
Spotify Radiio [message #76187] Fri, 05 April 2013 07:10 Go to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I have the free version of Spotify and listen to it all day. I just have to wonder - do music makers lose out by us listening to Spotify? Spotify has plenty of ads, but they are only for Spotify, so I can't imagine that the musicians can make any money off of them.
Re: Spotify Radiio [message #77306 is a reply to message #76187] Sun, 28 July 2013 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
As far as I know, when you listen to something like Spotify, they have paid a licensing fee to play the songs. It is no different than playing a song on the traditional radio.
Re: Spotify Radiio [message #77326 is a reply to message #76187] Mon, 29 July 2013 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roxxi is currently offline  roxxi
Chancellor
I have never used Spotify but not I am going to. I want free music and I'm sick of the radio! It's free right? Is it a safe download? I am always worried about downloading things on the computer.
Re: Spotify Radiio [message #77329 is a reply to message #76187] Tue, 30 July 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Spotify is safe to download, roxxi. Just head to their website and get it there. I don't know if it is free forever, but you can at least try it out for awhile and see what you think.
Re: Spotify Radiio [message #77337 is a reply to message #76187] Tue, 30 July 2013 13:32 Go to previous message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
Spotify radio is free forever. However, if you want to choose certain songs in offline mode instead of just listening to the "radio" you can pay for the pro version. You will also have some commercials with the free version that you don't have in the pro version.
Previous Topic: No Pandora in Europe?
Next Topic: Is Traditional Radio Dying?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:56:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout