Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » More sound up front?
More sound up front? [message #76149] Wed, 03 April 2013 07:00 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
So, when you are setting up your surround sound using old speakers vs. a surround sound full set, do you tend to put more sound up front than in the back? I seem to be doing that without realizing it. I recently changed things around, and was amazed by the difference in sound.
Re: More sound up front? [message #76160 is a reply to message #76149] Wed, 03 April 2013 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I have a setup using my dad's old floor standing speakers and I wouldn't say that we have more sound up front than in the rear. We have four floor standers, one in each corner of the room, along with a subwoofer sitting under the coffee table. I think it's pretty balanced.
Re: More sound up front? [message #76600 is a reply to message #76149] Thu, 02 May 2013 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The audio signal itself is fairly balanced, but the speakers in the back are much smaller than the speakers in the front due to room layout issues. If I could, I'd buy more speakers like the front ones and put them in the back.
Re: More sound up front? [message #76736 is a reply to message #76149] Tue, 14 May 2013 10:20 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No, I think ours is balanced. When we set ours up, we used the receiver's pink audio test to set the signals to the front and surround speakers.
Previous Topic: Furniture & Room Sound
Next Topic: New Addition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:23:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout