Home » Audio » Speaker » Having many speakers
Having many speakers [message #76128] Mon, 01 April 2013 11:24 Go to next message
Kara is currently offline  Kara
Chancellor
Sometimes when I go to a coffee shop I end up sitting right below a speaker and being unable to hear anything my friend is saying. Surely in this day and age there is a way to somehow share the sound out between many speakers, rather than just having one or two that create this problem?
Re: Having many speakers [message #76236 is a reply to message #76128] Mon, 08 April 2013 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I know what you mean. There's a pizza place I really like to eat at over in the next town, and they have an outdoor area with tables, speakers, a TV, etc. It seems like we always get a table close to one of the speakers and when the TV is on or a live band is playing, you can barely hear yourself think!
Re: Having many speakers [message #76310 is a reply to message #76236] Mon, 15 April 2013 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I think those situations happen when restaurants or venues leave audio as an afterthought. I've been to places where sound was like that too and you could tell they didn't care. Places that really want high quality sound invest more time and effort (and money probably) into the system.
Re: Having many speakers [message #76420 is a reply to message #76128] Mon, 22 April 2013 09:33 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Most restaurants pay little attention to audio. They want to be able to play music but they don't care how it sounds unless it's absolutely terrible. They know most of their customers will be more focused on the food and service quality.
Previous Topic: Subwoofers
Next Topic: Headphones in Glasses?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:00:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout