Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » DIY Digital Amp Kits
Re: 41 Hz Audio Amp 6 [message #10349 is a reply to message #10336] Sun, 06 November 2005 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say Fred; Whats different about this amp compared to the Sonic-T if I may ask? After listening to the ST vs the Brian Bell Chip amp I kinda like the chip; but that might be due to better passive parts in the Chip amp. What does this amp do circuit wise?

Re: 41 Hz Audio Amp 6 [message #10350 is a reply to message #10349] Thu, 10 November 2005 14:41 Go to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't know what all the circuit difference are because I'm not familiar with the non-Tripath parts in the Sonic T. But the parts that are used in the Amp 6 are generally of good quality and I substituted Northcreeks for the stock electrolytic input coupling caps in mine. The bottom line is that the Amp 6 lets me hear into the soundstage in much the same way that my Bottlehead Paramours do. A few days ago I substituted my Parasound HCA-1000A for the Amp 6 and very quickly returned the Amp 6 to the system - the Parasound seemed two dimensional in comparison. But I don't want to oversell this little amp. It's not as good as my other SET tube amps, but for about $100 total it's a hell of a value if you have efficient speakers like my Pi 3's to drive with it.

Previous Topic: Has someone tried using two Sonic Impact amps?
Next Topic: customise valvestate vs102r
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:35:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout