Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Two PI: A Little Bright OR Light in the Bass?
Re: Two PI: A Little Bright OR Light in the Bass? [message #80923 is a reply to message #76092] Wed, 10 December 2014 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Thanks wayne.

would something like this be useful for calculating such a problem?

http://vikash.info/audio/standing_wave_calc/
Re: Two PI: A Little Bright OR Light in the Bass? [message #80924 is a reply to message #76092] Wed, 10 December 2014 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
FWIW: my target size for a larger TwoPi is: 31" x 14" x 10.5"

Of course this can be shifted a little... but I haven't the first idea how to model anything. I'm a little mathematically disinclined.

I've played around with the link from above but I don't even know what I'm looking at or how it relates to what I might be building.

Re: Two PI: A Little Bright OR Light in the Bass? [message #80925 is a reply to message #80924] Wed, 10 December 2014 13:42 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That kind of tool is useful, but only marginally. It calculates the modes, but it doesn't model the cabinet and tell you the effect of sound source placement on response. This is what the Martin King spreadsheets do, and they're much more useful because of that.
Previous Topic: Older ThreePi kit
Next Topic: 2227h vs 2226h for 4pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:20:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout