Home » xyzzy » Tower » Audiophiles Moving Up Endangered Species List
Audiophiles Moving Up Endangered Species List [message #76086] Sat, 30 March 2013 06:55 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I googled "endangered species list" this morning and under the "mammals" heading I noticed the Common American Audiophile has moved up the list past the Dugong and even the Greater Kudu. This should come as no surprise. At our last Houston Audio Society meeting I observed that almost all those present were well past the breeding age. I also noticed the males of the species outnumber the females by a ratio of at least 20:1, and that several of those present were wearing hearing aids, which almost ensures that the soft seductive mating call of the rare female audiophile would go unheard, and mating would not occur.

Every concerned audiophile should contact their congressman and demand that the Common American Audiophile be placed on the official EPA endangered species list. We should also demand special incentives to attract more females to the mating grounds of the species. It's not commonly known that the males of the species have annual migrations to North American mating areas near Dallas, Denver and other areas, where, in the absence of suitable mating partners, they spend their money on more audio gear instead.
Re: Audiophiles Moving Up Endangered Species List [message #76090 is a reply to message #76086] Sat, 30 March 2013 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

../images/Laughing_Felix.gif

Re: Audiophiles Moving Up Endangered Species List [message #76100 is a reply to message #76090] Sat, 30 March 2013 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
We also need to be subsidized. Just a small amount, perhaps only $50K a year to continue the species (per person). Married Audiophiles get double. Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Audiophiles Moving Up Endangered Species List [message #76792 is a reply to message #76086] Sun, 19 May 2013 02:27 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Laughing It is a sad state of affairs isn't it? What gets me is that the Trekkies seem to be doing just fine. So much for the survival of the fittest theory, huh?
Previous Topic: Children Underground
Next Topic: Long winter....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:17:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout