Home » xyzzy » Tower » Job Hunting
Job Hunting [message #76043] Wed, 27 March 2013 20:16 Go to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
Anyone else here job hunting? I still have a job for the time being but it would appear that my days are numbered. There are a lot of changes in the works for the next few months and come the end of August, if I don't accept a transfer I could be out of a job. Since they won't give me any details about the transfer, like where it would be located, I think I'd better not put all my eggs in one basket. I've been looking for a couple of weeks now but so far, no luck.
Re: Job Hunting [message #76059 is a reply to message #76043] Thu, 28 March 2013 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I have been looking for a better opportunity ever since I got the job I have about two years ago. I don't look "hardcore", like everyday, but say about 3 times a month I'll browse current listings and apply if I see something I like. So far, no luck.

Hope you find what you're looking for before August; good luck!
Re: Job Hunting [message #76612 is a reply to message #76043] Thu, 02 May 2013 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I haven't had to job hunt for about 2 years now. I have 2 right now, one that pays the bills and one that could if it had to.
Re: Job Hunting [message #76657 is a reply to message #76043] Sun, 05 May 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
My husband has been looking for a job daily for the past year. He was laid off last May 1st, and despite thousands of applications sent in he has had one interview. The job market stinks. Unemployment runs out in about a month and I don't have any idea what we will do then.
Re: Job Hunting [message #76661 is a reply to message #76043] Mon, 06 May 2013 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm sorry, guys. LuvMartin, I really hope your husband finds something before unemployment is gone. Kenwoody, I don't blame you for being wary about that transfer without details.
Re: Job Hunting [message #76666 is a reply to message #76043] Mon, 06 May 2013 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I've been looking ever since I originally posted in March but I still haven't had any luck yet. Martin, you're right, the job market does stink! I'm sorry to hear that you guys are having such bad luck, especially since unemployment is about to run out. The thing that stinks for me is that if I don't accept a transfer, I don't qualify for unemployment. (They have since given me some details about potential locations, but both are roughly an hour away without taking traffic into account.)
Re: Job Hunting [message #76695 is a reply to message #76043] Wed, 08 May 2013 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
The drive is also a factor in any position that my husband can take. Neither of our cars would hold up to that kind of commute everyday, and we certainly can't buy a new one right now. Hopefully something will turn up soon.

I am working from home, but the company I am working for makes it harder to earn a living by the day so I don't know how much longer it is going to last. At the very least I am going to have to find another online job to go with it.
Re: Job Hunting [message #76700 is a reply to message #76043] Thu, 09 May 2013 06:18 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
With gas and new car prices being as high as they are, you always have to take the commute into account. Even if gas and new cars weren't so expensive though, you still have to think about your time. I would rather make less working closer to home than make more working further from home because I value my time above my money.
Previous Topic: Anonymous
Next Topic: Scary Toys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:39:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout