Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Snacking on public transport
Snacking on public transport [message #75977] Sun, 24 March 2013 01:55 Go to next message
Chokabloc is currently offline  Chokabloc
Chancellor
I wish people wouldn't eat on public transport. In the last week I have had to endure the smell of burgers, pizza and fries on a bus and a train.
Re: Snacking on public transport [message #76006 is a reply to message #75977] Mon, 25 March 2013 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I wish we had public transportation! There has been talking of a rail line coming our way for years, running north to south and connecting two larger cities in our state. Unfortunately, no one wants to agree to the temporary tax increase that would make it happen.
Re: Snacking on public transport [message #76011 is a reply to message #75977] Mon, 25 March 2013 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi I'm with you all on both counts, snacking is out and I wish we had public transportation. The railway pulled out decades ago and the long haul buses went away a number of years ago. We have an airport (shared runway with the military), but no plane service. If you don't drive a car....you better have a horse Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Snacking on public transport [message #76042 is a reply to message #76011] Wed, 27 March 2013 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
That's how it is here, too! The crazy thing is that we have a train station right here in town and a passenger line used to run through everyday. I think it was sometime in the 60's or 70's that the line quit running though, and ever since we've been dependent on cars, or bikes if you're willing to risk sharing the road with crazy drivers. (We don't even have bike paths here.)
Re: Snacking on public transport [message #76152 is a reply to message #75977] Wed, 03 April 2013 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I remember when I worked three jobs. I used to have to eat and sleep on public transport. I didn't like it any more than my fellow passengers did, but I really didn't have a choice in the matter.
Re: Snacking on public transport [message #76154 is a reply to message #75977] Wed, 03 April 2013 08:57 Go to previous message
Kara is currently offline  Kara
Chancellor
I don't have a problem with people eating on public transport, especially if it is through necessity, as in Danny's case. I think you have to use some common sense when you decide what to eat though. There are plenty of things around that don't leave smells behind.
Previous Topic: Presidential Inauguration
Next Topic: Milwaukee Cop Says To Skip 911
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:58:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout