Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Solid State Pre-amp
Solid State Pre-amp [message #10230] Tue, 09 November 2004 14:57 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The pre is moving right along, the boards are mounted and the parts are arriving. Boy this business of aquiring parts from ten different parts houses stinks. I don't want to order at different times because then you pay shipping twice, but some people come back to you with a no item sheet then you gotta re-order. PITA. What does everyone do about this? BTW the tube xover board from Steve is real nice, slow going on the Pi 4 xover's though.

Re: Solid State Pre-amp [message #10231 is a reply to message #10230] Tue, 09 November 2004 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Oh, I know what you mean. I hate ordering from more than one or two vendors. Purchasing guys do it all the time, juggling multiple vendors to get the best prices. But I like to place one order for the whole deal if I can.

Just out of curiosity, what's making slow going on the π crossover? It's just a few more parts than the Bench crossover and they're common values. Is it because of vendor troubles?

Re: Solid State Pre-amp [message #10232 is a reply to message #10231] Tue, 09 November 2004 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No The Bench xover is the one I have, I just need the time to go into the Speakers and complete the power supply for the xover. Maybe too many things at once? I want to set up a bi-amp SS system and a Tube based system and compare . There is a meeting of the Audio club here in 2 weeks. I want to try to exhibit the 4's. I want to place them in the ALL TIME BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK division. Love those big guys! Hope I can get them ready; it's a long shot but if not, then next time. I started going to meeting's after a long layover, comparing equipment gets old after awhile. And I don't care for that elevator jazz everyone seems to crave. I would rather listen to Johnny Rotten. Or Sid Viscious. Something with SOUL. COJONES. J.R.

Re: Solid State Pre-amp [message #10233 is a reply to message #10232] Tue, 09 November 2004 21:46 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sounds like you have your hands full. me too, so I know exactly how you feel.

Hey, take some photos of the audio club meeting and post 'em, will you please?

Previous Topic: active speakers
Next Topic: What is a "digital amp"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:00:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout