Home » xyzzy » Tower » TAX TIME
TAX TIME [message #75695] Sun, 03 March 2013 21:25 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I am beginning to really hate taxes. I roughed out my Fed taxes today and they came to just enough of a refund to pay the State taxes. (of course the Feds did keep a large chunk of my money) One part of government is now making me a pass through to another part. Worse, property taxes are now due. Worse still is what we are all buying with these dollars... a completely deadlocked and ineffective Congress. I saw on the web about two days ago that there was a comment that the recent meteor that hit Russia was really aimed at Washington and missed because of a NASA glitch. Perhaps we need a solution that drastic ( Shocked ). On a more realistic note, I don't have solutions to the problems, but having everyone blaming each other for them isn't very productive either. Jumping off my soap box now....

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: TAX TIME [message #75725 is a reply to message #75695] Wed, 06 March 2013 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
gofar99 wrote on Sun, 03 March 2013 22:25
Hi Everyone, I am beginning to really hate taxes. I roughed out my Fed taxes today and they came to just enough of a refund to pay the State taxes. (of course the Feds did keep a large chunk of my money) One part of government is now making me a pass through to another part. Worse, property taxes are now due. Worse still is what we are all buying with these dollars... a completely deadlocked and ineffective Congress. I saw on the web about two days ago that there was a comment that the recent meteor that hit Russia was really aimed at Washington and missed because of a NASA glitch. Perhaps we need a solution that drastic ( Shocked ). On a more realistic note, I don't have solutions to the problems, but having everyone blaming each other for them isn't very productive either. Jumping off my soap box now....

Hahaha, like NASA would be able to do that with the funding they get, or like they would, since they too are a government agency.

Taxes are frustrating though, especially when it seems as though the federal government isn't doing much of anything.
Re: TAX TIME [message #75733 is a reply to message #75725] Wed, 06 March 2013 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Yeah, I forgot that NASA's budget would be cut too... maybe that is why it missed. Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: TAX TIME [message #75968 is a reply to message #75695] Fri, 22 March 2013 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
Gofar99 - I share your tax pain! We just filed our taxes not too long ago and my federal refund was less than what it cost me to file them, so I went in the hole there. =/ No refund on state either, but at least I got to file them "for free" since I'd already paid to file federal. Birthday was right after that, so then I had to pay the Ad Valorem tax on all the cars to keep tags on them, and of course property taxes fall this time of year as well. =/
Re: TAX TIME [message #76027 is a reply to message #75695] Tue, 26 March 2013 17:54 Go to previous message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I'm glad to have taxes done and out of the way. It took us forever to get our refund back though; did anyone else that got a refund notice that?
Previous Topic: No DVI cables?
Next Topic: How to connect two computers together
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:19:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout