Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » custom parafeed transformer wider
custom parafeed transformer wider [message #75558] Mon, 18 February 2013 13:09 Go to next message
regal55 is currently offline  regal55
Esquire
I am looking for a company that is not opposed to winding custom amorphous cobalt/nickel alloy parafeed transformers. Suggestions?
Re: custom parafeed transformer wider [message #75566 is a reply to message #75558] Tue, 19 February 2013 19:29 Go to previous message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
I don't know of anyone who builds with amorphous cobalt/nickel alloy specifically, as that sounds like a rather exotic material indeed. However, MagneQuest, Lundahl and Intact Audio (Dave Slagle) offer both cobalt and high nickel content Permalloy cores.

I can tell you from experience that MaqneQuest's EXO line of parafeed OPTs sound very nice, and are available with cobalt cores. The icing on the cake would be a silver-wound secondary, if they offer silver as an option and you can spend the requisite Mt. Everest size pile of cash. I know Lundahl and Electra Print do offer optional silver windings, but Electra Print will only build parafeed OPTs with M6 cores, which leaves you with Lundahl.

Thermionic
Previous Topic: Audiolici Integrated Tube Amp
Next Topic: Tube Burner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:13:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers