Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Howdy!
Howdy! [message #10158] Fri, 02 April 2004 14:22 Go to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Didnt even realize the AudioRoundTable had a chip amp forum, guess i should check out the home option more often.
ron (senior member of the diychipamp forum)

Re: Howdy! [message #10159 is a reply to message #10158] Fri, 02 April 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
There's some pretty cool simple amps out there, aren't there? What's your favorite?

Re: Howdy! [message #10160 is a reply to message #10159] Fri, 02 April 2004 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Well i have been building chip amps for about 2 years now. Previous to that i was a die hard tube head and old marantz 22xx freak.
My fav so far is my NIGC (non inverted gainclone)passive pre( 2-50K alps pots) ,battery powered at +/- 24Vdc using the LM3875T (non insulated) chip.I isolate mechanically and electrically the H/S which is a 1.5 lb gold plated brass bar.Enclosure is a simple hammond case.Combined with the Fostex Fe-206e rear loaded front firing horn(my own design tuned to 1/4 loading) its mind blowing, and not that expensive.
ron

Wayne... [message #10161 is a reply to message #10159] Sat, 10 April 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gonefishin is currently offline  gonefishin
Baron
Wayne, do it!

These little amps not only sound good...they're a blast to build. Doesn't matter if your figuring out what chassis you want to build...building it...or wiring the amp itself. Plus, the DIYChipAmp forum is filled with a bunch of great friendly people willing to help ya out with your project. Much help from your very own Sir Ron...among many many others over there.
I've currently built one of their lm3875...battery powered. The part I'm having the most trouble with is building a enclosure for the battery power supply.

Let us know when your goin' ta build one (notice I didn't say "if") ;)

take care

Re: Wayne... [message #10162 is a reply to message #10161] Sun, 11 April 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Truth is that I've built a ton of amps like this over the years. I mean seriously a lot. Mostly my own little homebrews, some with discrete transistors and some with chips. Even my car ignition system is one of my own designs, using a high current, high voltage transistor to switch and amplify coil current.

Re: Wayne... [message #10163 is a reply to message #10162] Mon, 12 April 2004 11:53 Go to previous message
gonefishin is currently offline  gonefishin
Baron
Wayne, I wasn't sure if you've built these little gainclones or not. I could only imagine you've got enough parts laying around your house to build yourself several dozen gainclones. They are neat, fun and good sounding little amps...that's for sure :)

take care>>>>>>

Previous Topic: chip amps
Next Topic: Opti-Mos Amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:47:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers