Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Going slow, but going
Going slow, but going [message #75336] Wed, 23 January 2013 20:19 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Both cabinets are glued up and one got veneered today; ready to sand and finish.

index.php?t=getfile&id=997&private=0

My Denon DL-103R came from Comet Supply Monday and I've been doing more listening than building Very Happy
Re: Going slow, but going [message #75338 is a reply to message #75336] Wed, 23 January 2013 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That top recessed section looks cool. Are you going to put a removable grille there? Sort of like your four π's were, the ones you had in Lima?

Yikes, that was over ten years ago. My, oh, my how time flies.

Re: Going slow, but going [message #75340 is a reply to message #75338] Wed, 23 January 2013 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 23 January 2013 22:20

Sort of like your four π's were, the ones you had in Lima?

Yikes, that was over ten years ago. My, oh, my how time flies.

Yeah, Lima was so long ago it was before I started getting up twice during the night to pee Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Those were the first speakers I ever built to go with the Bottlehead gear I had also just discovered
index.php?t=getfile&id=998&private=0

You're right, these Towers will get grills on just the upper, non-veneered third. I'm going to try something new and "flock" the area around the drivers: flat black acrylic paint and black "flocking" you get in an art supply, the way they line jewelry boxes. Hopefully, it'll look better than paint alone, and maybe, it'll give the tweeters some help like those felt pads one of your LSAF exhibitors sells.

You gotta be careful, tho', about walking into Michaels and asking one of the ladies there for "a good flocking".

...asking one of the ladies there for "a good flocking" [message #75341 is a reply to message #75340] Wed, 23 January 2013 21:43 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
../images/Wow.jpg
Previous Topic: 4Pi and 7Pi Plans
Next Topic: 4pi Crossover Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:41:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio