Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » DIY amp kits
DIY amp kits [message #10127] Thu, 08 January 2004 15:21 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'd love to see a list of DIY kits compiled.

If any of you know of some kits you'd like to recommend (and aren't affiliated with the kit makers), please list them here.

There is a list of cool DIY stuff down below too.

Kit?! We don't need so stinkin' kit! [message #10128 is a reply to message #10127] Fri, 09 January 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This is not a kit, but the chip amp based on the LM3875 is so easy to build that anyone looking at a single chip amp kit should also consider doing it from scratch. I put my first one together over the course of a day last weekend and the results were amazing. The most difficult part was drilling/cutting holes into the chassis for the input/output jacks.

gar.

Re: Kit?! We don't need so stinkin' kit! [message #10129 is a reply to message #10128] Fri, 09 January 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Well, you're right about that. Some of the chip amps require a power supply and a volume knob and that's it. Connect a source and some speakers and you're playin' music!

Re: DIY amp kits [message #10306 is a reply to message #10127] Mon, 28 March 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here's a link to three inexpensive ones that use Tripath chipsets. The downside is that the some of the components are surface mount type so shaky-handed and vision challenged kitbuilders might have a problem. Also, the power supply isn't included. The 100 watt @ 4 ohms Amp 1B at $63 plus shipping is especially interesting - quite a bit more veristile than the 15 watt Sonic Impact amp.

Re: DIY amp kits [message #10307 is a reply to message #10306] Mon, 28 March 2005 14:28 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can purchase little switching power supplies for those too. I was in Radio, Inc. last week and they had little bitty switcher supplies that were capable of a ton of current that would be perfect for these little switcher amps. Funny, I call 'em little and physically, they are. But they pack a whallop.

Previous Topic: Trailer
Next Topic: LM3875
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:31:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout