Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Audio At A Wedding
Audio At A Wedding [message #75096] Sun, 30 December 2012 22:51 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
A friend of mine is getting married in 2013 and has already started making plans. She wants to have an outdoor wedding, but also wants music playing before, during, and after the ceremony. Does anyone have experience with setting audio up for an outdoor wedding? Any suggestions?
Re: Audio At A Wedding [message #75104 is a reply to message #75096] Mon, 31 December 2012 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
This must be the time of year for engagements/weddings, because a friend of mine just proposed to his girlfriend on Christmas and now they're planning a wedding, too.

I don't have any experience with setting up audio for a wedding. Have you guys done any research on the internet? It might be easier just to hire someone to handle everything for you.
Re: Audio At A Wedding [message #76029 is a reply to message #75096] Tue, 26 March 2013 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kara is currently offline  Kara
Chancellor
Is the wedding going to be at a venue with experience of holding outdoor events? I imagine if so that they have staff trained to set things up, as well as the equipment needed. What will the weather be like?
Re: Audio At A Wedding [message #76135 is a reply to message #75096] Tue, 02 April 2013 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The venue will likely set up the music for her; all she has to do is select the songs she wants.

When I got married in an outdoor ceremony, they just had some speakers on stands. I never saw the mixer.
Re: Audio At A Wedding [message #76136 is a reply to message #76135] Tue, 02 April 2013 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Weddings should have good sound, and the music should be selected to please the bride and groom. This is an event where the best choice is a professional DJ with good sound equipment and wedding sound experience.

My son got married in an outside ceremony, with the reception party held in a covered pavillion. The DJ set up two systems, one for the actual wedding ceremony and one for the party. For the wedding part, the bride and groom selected every song and gave him the copies on a flash drive. He had set up pro-type powered pa speakers with a mixer and his iPod, which he used as a source.

For the party my son and his fiance told the DJ the type of music they wanted and relied on his experience to select the actual tracks he would play. He used a different system, again with pro-type powered speakers, including a subwoofer, set up so the speakers would project toward the dance floor and away from the tables, so the dancers, and not the old folks sitting at the tables, would hear loud music.

A friend or relative with a home audio type sound system would not have the equipment or the experience to provide this kind of service.
Re: Audio At A Wedding [message #76516 is a reply to message #76136] Fri, 26 April 2013 18:37 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
"again with pro-type powered speakers, including a subwoofer, set up so the speakers would project toward the dance floor and away from the tables, so the dancers, and not the old folks sitting at the tables, would hear loud music.

A friend or relative with a home audio type sound system would not have the equipment or the experience to provide this kind of service.

C'mon Fred step up, even though your wife would of killed you. Start out with Fredarrays add some subs, and what you know about horn and line array directivity..hmmm! Then you just to have the good source and a good EQ.

Then I could of hooked you up with some good Crown SS amplifier's power to get you thump'in.

Previous Topic: Reverb
Next Topic: Starter Drumset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:46:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout