Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Any Suggestions...
Any Suggestions... [message #74889] Wed, 12 December 2012 16:20 Go to next message
DeccoRec is currently offline  DeccoRec
Chancellor
New church sanctuary will be 3000 sq ft with 16 ft ceiling and 270 person seating capacity. What style of speakers, amp and soundboard would you suggest?
Re: Any Suggestions... [message #75196 is a reply to message #74889] Wed, 09 January 2013 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80sgirl is currently offline  80sgirl
Chancellor
Have you spoken to a sound technician who specializes in churches? Sound systems for a church have to be able to handle speaking as well as music. The angle of the walls, the types of building materials and where people will sit are all important considerations when choosing a sound system. It is difficult to make a recommendation without more details.

80's Girl
Re: Any Suggestions... [message #75197 is a reply to message #75196] Wed, 09 January 2013 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeccoRec is currently offline  DeccoRec
Chancellor
We're still waiting to see if our offer is going to be accepted on the property and won't have access for another month or so minimally. Hopefully I'll be able to get more details then. Thanks for your info, I sure do appreciate it.
Re: Any Suggestions... [message #75223 is a reply to message #75197] Sat, 12 January 2013 10:25 Go to previous message
80sgirl is currently offline  80sgirl
Chancellor
I was glad to help. I have to say proper sound systems in church is kind of a pet peeve of mine. I hate going and sitting in the one spot in the church where you can't hear anything because it is a dead spot. Good luck.

80's Girl
Previous Topic: Does Smoke In Bars/Clubs Affect Acoustic?
Next Topic: Reflective Sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:30:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout