Home » Audio » Radio » Battery Operated Radio's
Battery Operated Radio's [message #74877] Wed, 12 December 2012 14:41 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
With all the natural disasters that happen every year, does anyone have any battery operated radio's on standby "just in case"? I have a few in my garage and I test the batteries every so often to make sure they're charged.
Re: Battery Operated Radio's [message #74885 is a reply to message #74877] Wed, 12 December 2012 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can buy radios that use rechargeable batteries and have multiple charging methods, e.g. AC adapter, solar, hand crank generator, etc.

Re: Battery Operated Radio's [message #74913 is a reply to message #74877] Thu, 13 December 2012 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
We have one of those Ryobi construction radios that can be plugged in or use the rechargeable batteries. I really like it because you can use the batteries for the flashlights and tools too.
Re: Battery Operated Radio's [message #75148 is a reply to message #74877] Fri, 04 January 2013 19:46 Go to previous message
80sgirl is currently offline  80sgirl
Chancellor
We actually have a radio/flashlight combination that we keep in our basement. We live in an area where tornadoes are common and we want to be prepared.

So far we have been lucky and never needed it, but my husband checks it twice a year when he checks the smoke alarms.

80's Girl
Previous Topic: Sunday Nights on KLOS
Next Topic: Try something different
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:43:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers