Home » Audio » Speaker » Car speakers
Car speakers [message #74866] Tue, 11 December 2012 18:12 Go to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
What brand of speakers would you guys recommend for a car? Both of the speakers in the front of my car are now busted and pretty much useless. I don't really want to spend a fortune though!
Re: Car speakers [message #75569 is a reply to message #74866] Tue, 19 February 2013 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
The only brand that I am familiar with is Alpine, although I cannot say from personal experience if they are any good or not. I've heard Bose makes car stereos, but I'm not sure if that's an "affordable" option. Wink
Re: Car speakers [message #75584 is a reply to message #74866] Thu, 21 February 2013 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Bose isn't that great, anyway. If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I want something better. JBL makes a decent car speaker, I've heard.
Re: Car speakers [message #75586 is a reply to message #75584] Thu, 21 February 2013 07:51 Go to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I would want to know what speakers are compatible with the ones that are already in the car. You should be looking for size, mounting plate compatibility and compatible connectors.

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/carselector.aspx?lp=%2fApp%2fCar%2foutfitmycar%2fcar.aspx

The next step is to decide from those speakers that are compatible.
Previous Topic: Realistic Mach One Like Build
Next Topic: V-Moda M-80 Headphones Sweepstakes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 11:31:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout