Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Does anyone have a September 1961 Electronics Illustrated magazine?
Does anyone have a September 1961 Electronics Illustrated magazine? [message #10097] Sat, 15 November 2008 18:28 Go to next message
DanR is currently offline  DanR
Baron
I am trying to obtain a copy of the September 1961 Electronics
Illustrated. This magazine has a project called the "Terraquaphone".

Does anyone have this magazine, and if so would I be able to purchase it or, at least get a .pdf copy of the Terraquaphone project via E-mail?

Re: Does anyone have a September 1961 Electronics Illustrated magazine? [message #10098 is a reply to message #10097] Sat, 15 November 2008 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
endspec is currently offline  endspec
Esquire
Is this what you are looking for?

Re: Does anyone have a September 1961 Electronics Illustrated magazine? [message #10099 is a reply to message #10098] Sat, 15 November 2008 20:55 Go to previous message
DanR is currently offline  DanR
Baron
Hello - and thank you for sending a link to the article. That unit is a variation of the Terraquaphone concept. The unit in the Sept. 1961 Electronics Illustrated magazine was, essentially, a transistorized amplifier that switched a pair of ground-rods from the output of the amplifier to the input of the amplifier - like a walkie-talkie. It used germanium transistors. Two were need to establish communications through the earth between the units.

The group that published that article you linked to has spoken of the 1961 E.I. article, but no-one posted a copy of it for some reason.

I appreciate your taking the time to send me the link.

Regards,

DanR.

Previous Topic: tube tester
Next Topic: Scott 7591 tubes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:01:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers