Home » Audio » Home Theater » Vinyl To CD
Vinyl To CD [message #74809] Sun, 09 December 2012 04:21 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Can anyone recommend a good source to buy a vinyl to CD converter? I have a bunch of albums I've been wanting to convert to CD for a long time now.
Re: Vinyl To CD [message #74827 is a reply to message #74809] Sun, 09 December 2012 12:12 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It obviously depends on the quality level you're looking for. Here are some USB turntables that will do it on the cheap:
Personally, I would not reccomend any of those cheap USB tables though. The sound quality is terrible and they are hard on your records.

The alternative is to to use one of the better turntables made for true high-fidelity. I would suggest tables made by VPI or Rega. I also personally like the Technics SL-1200. The problem is any of these tables require a little more investment, and they will also need a phono preamp. The output can be run into the audio inputs on a PC for recording to CD. But once you've chosen this route, you may find you prefer to listen to them directly. Cool

A third alternative is sort of in-between. There are some USB tables with magnetic cartridges that look like they may suffice. They aren't going to be as good as the high-end tables, but the magnetic cartridge will help improve sound quality. Here are a few:
Previous Topic: Branding question
Next Topic: Inlaid Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 00:36:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout