Home » Audio » Source » E-Go Tonearm
E-Go Tonearm [message #74726] Mon, 03 December 2012 11:01 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I just read that EuroAudioTeam is releasing a new E-Go Tonearm. It's based on the Phantom but supposedly improved, including the ability to align the tonearm before installing it on the turntable.

I don't currently have a turntable, so have no use for the E-Go tonearm, but thought some of you may be interested.
Re: E-Go Tonearm [message #74819 is a reply to message #74726] Sun, 09 December 2012 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Chicken wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 11:01
including the ability to align the tonearm before installing it on the turntable.

That is a good improvement actually. Thanks for the heads up about that. I do have a keen interest in turntables and this is an "accessory" that is definitely worth looking into.
Re: E-Go Tonearm [message #74920 is a reply to message #74726] Thu, 13 December 2012 20:34 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, As an avid vinyl junkie.... I have some concerns about that arrangement. Several factors are quite critical in tone arm alignment on the turntable. If the mounting hole, board or anything else is not on spec then the pre-aligned arm will not be correct. Additionally not all arms are the exact same length even within the typical sizes. A variation of a few mm from brand to brand and even within models of the same brand will mean the arm will not match the TT unless you set it up on the TT. I find the process is not all that difficult. With a suitable alignment protractor (several free ones are on vinylengine.com forum) it is relatively an easy process to get the parameters right. Then the setting the tracking force is really just a simple measurement. The only setting that can be elusive is the anti-skating. Here it depends a lot on the actual arm, turntable and cartridge. Manufacturer's guidance is just that. There are plenty of hints and tips on the VE site and with as many members as there are it is quite likely that someone else has already done exactly what you want to do and will be glad to assist. It seems to me that the "improvement" is more a marketing gimmick than a real benefit. I would not trust my vinyl to a pre-aligned arm.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Thrift Store Score!
Next Topic: Cleaning BluRays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:25:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers