Home » Audio » Home Theater » Problem With Video Out
Problem With Video Out [message #74636] Wed, 28 November 2012 18:53 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
We just recently bought a new home theater system for the living room. It has a USB port on the front of it, which we use to hook our iPod up to it, but the USB port only transmits audio - not video. What do I need to make the videos in my iPod transmit through the receiver and onto the TV?
Re: Problem With Video Out [message #74638 is a reply to message #74636] Wed, 28 November 2012 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You're right, you have to connect the audio output separately. Use something like this:
Re: Problem With Video Out [message #74856 is a reply to message #74638] Tue, 11 December 2012 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srdmind is currently offline  srdmind
Chancellor
Your iPod's native playback format is .mov, if I'm not mistaken. The Tv probably doesn't have the necessary codecs to decode it, that's why you're not getting any video output. Try some other video formats like .avi or .mp4 those should work fine.
Re: Problem With Video Out [message #74940 is a reply to message #74636] Fri, 14 December 2012 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
srdmind - No, the videos that I have are all in mp4 format, but still no video playback.

Wayne Parham - Thanks for the link. I'll try something like that and see if it works. Keep your fingers crossed! Wink
Re: Problem With Video Out [message #75072 is a reply to message #74940] Fri, 28 December 2012 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
iLoveiPod - Were you ever able to fix this problem? Just curious because my wife has an iPod and wants to utilize the video out feature on it, but we have no idea how. Did Wayne's suggestion work?
Re: Problem With Video Out [message #75075 is a reply to message #75072] Fri, 28 December 2012 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Timron - Yes, I was able to fix the problem. Like Wayne suggested, I needed a different cable than the one I had, which was USB only. To make video out work, your wife will need the iPod cable like Wayne linked to that has the red, white, and yellow A/V jacks on one end. Those three will plug into the TV and then when she sets the iPod to "video out", the videos will display on the TV.
Re: Problem With Video Out [message #75091 is a reply to message #75075] Sun, 30 December 2012 19:20 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
iLoveiPod wrote on Fri, 28 December 2012 14:07
Timron - Yes, I was able to fix the problem. Like Wayne suggested, I needed a different cable than the one I had, which was USB only. To make video out work, your wife will need the iPod cable like Wayne linked to that has the red, white, and yellow A/V jacks on one end. Those three will plug into the TV and then when she sets the iPod to "video out", the videos will display on the TV.

Thanks. I'll go ahead and order that cable tonight. I think I've still got an active Amazon Prime membership, so hopefully I'll have it here by the end of the week.
Previous Topic: Not What I Thought It Would Be
Next Topic: Audio vs. Video Upgrades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 01:19:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout