Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Where Can I Buy A T-Amp?
Where Can I Buy A T-Amp? [message #74482] Thu, 15 November 2012 15:57 Go to next message
VoigtClub is currently offline  VoigtClub
Chancellor
A couple of years I picked up the first generation T-amp from Sonic Impact and was totally blown away by that cheap little box and just wished it would handle a tad more power. I know that Tripath has since gone out of business, but others are making T-amps now. I'm wondering now where is the best place to get some inexpensive T-amps to play with? I know about the 41hz site for audiophile experimenters, and I may try out some of their kits... But I'm also curious who's selling them retail, both as "toys" and as serious hifi systems.
Re: Where Can I Buy A T-Amp? [message #74510 is a reply to message #74482] Tue, 20 November 2012 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I've seen T amps on Amazon before. My guess is they are used, though, and I don't know if you would rather get one new.
Re: Where Can I Buy A T-Amp? [message #74513 is a reply to message #74510] Tue, 20 November 2012 19:51 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Try Parts Express, They still have them part number 300-380 at $44.80

I have one of the original ones and use it on occasion when I need a small portable amp. The ability to run on 8 internal AA cells is quite handy. The input and output connectors leave a bit to be desired and tend to be slightly fragile, but for the price I paid back then (about $25) what can you expect. Nice overall sound but not truly hi end.

BTW I also have a pair of the Super T amps that were available for a while (nice metal cases, better components and really good connectors). I use them on my TVs to boost the sound and feed some vintage full range speakers (Klipsch and Altec Lansing). They work quite well for that.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Radio for amp
Next Topic: Bass Rattling in Vehicle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:17:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers