Home » Audio » Speaker » Does size matter?
Does size matter? [message #74337] Fri, 02 November 2012 04:49 Go to next message
Sunflower is currently offline  Sunflower
Chancellor
I need to buy speakers for my office computer. I don't have a lot of space on the desk so am thinking something really small will be good enough. Will the sound from these be okay for basic usage with programs like Skype?
Re: Does size matter? [message #74345 is a reply to message #74337] Fri, 02 November 2012 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
24KPython is currently offline  24KPython
Chancellor
Like Skype? It's tough to have a two way conversation using speakers of any kind without having feedback problems. If Skype is really your main objective, then headphones are your best bet.

Regarding small speakers for general audio use... like listening to music or videos...

Yes, certain small computer speakers can give great audio. Others, not so much. Many sets come with a subwoofer as well, which can help you get a full sound. My advice is to find a few you like, listen to them in the store and read some reviews.
Re: Does size matter? [message #78734 is a reply to message #74337] Sat, 21 December 2013 21:18 Go to previous message
SoundGuy is currently offline  SoundGuy
Esquire
Today, even small speakers can put out great sound. When using them for apps like Skype you would be much better off using either a headset or a set of ear buds. However, listening to music and such I would recommend finding a small set with a subwoofer to enhance the low end audio.
Previous Topic: Powered or unpowered
Next Topic: Bluetooth Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:20:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout